Friday, September 6, 2013

Here is my story. I would love to hear yours

Do you have an inspirational story that involves giving?  I would love to hear from you.  Please share your inspirational story and you may be featured on our website.
Click to share your story



Several people have asked to share the inspiration behind "Giving 365 Days."  Over the last year I have been making some pretty dramatic changes in my life.  I thought of all the ways that I have  talked about improving my life.  I asked myself what were the barriers stopping me from doing these things?  Throughout the year I have found that most of these barriers were only put up by myself.  I slowly made a shift  in my life in hopes to bringing these once thoughts into a reality of my life.  A lot of these changes can be seen in my last blog where I did yoga for an entire year (www.yoga308.com)

My job over the last 12 years has been as an online marketer.  This July I attended a marketing conference where a marketing genius told a story on how he raised money for President Obama's 2012 election campaign.  He spoke how he was in charge of the online portion of the marketing which raised $635 million of the $1 billion that was raised for Obama.  I thought to myself that all of this money got raised and it sort of just vanished in the air.  I thought that Mitt Romney also must have raised about this same amount in hopes for becoming president.  I reality his funding really was for nothing.  So that is about $1 billion dollars that went into marketing that ultimatly brought nothing to anyone that truly could have used this money.  I thought how many other avenues $1 billion could better be spent.

What if someone took on the same task to raise $1 billion dollars and gave it towards people that actually could use it.  What if that person was me?  I decided to take on the impossible task to see what it would teach me.  I do not expect to raise $1 billion dollars, but after one month of "Give 365 Days" I have already learned that I have more then I will ever need in my life.  I have learned that other people are willing to give too.   If there is $1 billion out there that pretty much vanishes into a presidntial campaign can we change our outlook and give it to the people that really do need it?  What would $1 billion do for your community today? 

I am in hopes to start to gather an online presence that wants to make a change towards giving towards others.  I am in hopes that people will start to make a shift towards trying to give every day of their lives.  Stop living a life of what more can I get in my life, and start living a life on what more I can give.

It all starts today with you making a small change.

I really would love to hear your inspirational stories.  Click to share your story

No comments:

Post a Comment