Monday, September 16, 2013

The Pay the Bill Challenge

This week I a have a fun project.  I am taking on another pay it forward project.  I am just paying the bills, but I am paying strangers bills.  I guess the best way to explain this is to just give the example of what I did today.

Today I walked into a store to purchase a backpack.  As part of my purchase I went ahead and bought a gift certificate.  I instructed the sales clerk to give the gift certificate to the next person who came up to purchase something.  So basically, I helped purchase a product for someone who I have never met.

Yesterday I was talking about the act of giving to give.  There was nothing behind the act I did today.  I just knew that I gave to someone.  I did not know the story behind whether that person deserves the money, needed the money, or who that person even is.  To me this is a great way to practice giving to give.

I plan on doing this throughout this week.  I hope you will join me and "pay the bill" this week.  Maybe you just pick up the bill for a random person in a restaurant.  Maybe you end up taking a friend out to dinner.  There are a lot of ways you can "Pay the Bill." 

It should be a fun week.

No comments:

Post a Comment