Wednesday, September 18, 2013

When is a good time to give?

When is a good time to give?  Since I made the commitment to give every day I have found that the answer to this question is pretty simple.  The answer is now.  In the past I always had something that I put ahead of giving.  When I put it on the forefront of my day I am finding it very easy to do.    Give365days has given me an arsenal of ideas to choose to give.  It all comes down to what you want to give.

If you want to start giving money I think a lot of people get hung up on needing to get to a point in their life when they have enough money to give.  The truth is we all have enough money right now.  It comes down to us needing to give up something that we spend our money on.   Maybe you do not buy a bag of cookies this week and you use that $2 to give to someone.  It really is that easy.

If you are still hung up on giving the money to someone, you can give up something else.  You will always need to give up something from yourself.  Cookies, time, or money.  There is something in your life that you really can afford to give up.

Remember to keep you life in balance.  I see people on both sides of the spectrum.  Some people never give anything.  They take everything from others.  They feel justified for some reason that they should be able to receive all the time.  On the other side of the spectrum people give everything from themselves  They never take time to themselves.  This is also unhealthy.  Your body, mind, and soul is not made for a constant give, give, give life.  I always stop at this point, because most people start to justify saying they give too much.  Chances are, you are not this person.

Always look for new ways to give, and continue to share my journey as we come up with new ways to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment