Sunday, September 1, 2013

Week 4 - Giving on the Go / 38 ways you give

This week I am heading to Puerto Rico for my birthday!!!  I am on the road quite a bit in my life, so I am excited to see how this week pans out.  I want to take time out of my trip and figure out ways that I can give.  We all have 24 hours in our day.  Whether we are on vacation, working until the wee hours of night, or providing for our families, we all have the opportunity to give more throughout our day.

This week to continue with my mission of giving something every day I am bringing the "pay it forward" envelopes like I handed out in week 3.  Last week I focused on giving these envelopes to close friends and family, but this week I am going to focus more on complete strangers.  Also this week I want to focus on other ways to give.  I am keeping my eyes open for different ways to give this week.  I have a feeling that if I keep my eyes open and search for new ways to give they will continue to present themselves to me.

I ask one favor from my readers this week.  This year I turn 38.  To celebrate the number 38 I ask for you to write down 38 ways you give throughout this week.  These can be things that you already do throughout your life.  Maybe you have been doing this for so long that you do not even consider it giving anymore.  Maybe you make dinner for your family (this is giving).  Maybe you are someone's boss (you are giving this person a job and money).  Maybe you take your dog for a walk (also giving).  Write down as many giving ways you do throughout the week.  Be proud of the fact that you have given part of yourself throughout this week.  If you fall short let's try to give more.  If you are over 38 keep up the good work.


There is always a way to give more in our lives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment